Opened in 2019, our state-of-the-art test cell became the first cell built by a U.S. airline in more than 20 years. The cell is capable of safely running a mounted, stationary engine at full power with 150,000 pounds of thrust, allowing us to test engines that are yet to be designed or built.
It has opened the door to many new, larger engine testing capabilities, including the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000, 7000 & XWB.
In just the short time since its has opened, many milestones have been achieved at the largest MRO test cell in the world including:
- Successfully tested over a hundred engines
- Achieved engine test certification for three Rolls-Royce next generation engines the Trent 1000, Trent 1000-TEN, and Trent 7000
- Completed the first leg of Trent XWB engine test correlation
Additionally, the cell has some exciting upcoming projects, all part of DTO’s ongoing efforts to expand capabilities:
- Complete correlation of the Trent XWB
- Complete correlation of the PW1100G
Not to be forgotten, Delta TechOps has test cells located in Atlanta and Minneapolis. One APU cell and two mid-size cells for legacy engines such as the PW2000, PW4000, CFM56, CF6-80, and CF34 in Atlanta and a test cell that can handle CFM56 & PW2000 engines in Minneapolis.
This year alone those cells have tested and returned to service over 225 engines.
We look forward to continuing to test, learn and innovate with the best teams in engine operations!